Re: Making init scripts use dash

On Thu, May 18, 2006, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> During some tests I've performed, I've found that making the init
> scripts run with dash as default shell instead of bash makes the boot
> time a 10% faster (6 seconds in a 60 second boot).
[...]
> 2. Change #!/bin/sh for #!/bin/dash in the scripts

 Right now, if a script is named ".sh", it is sourced, perhaps it's
 enough to change /etc/init.d/rc to use dash, depend on dash there
 (sysv-rc), and progressively convert init scripts to use a symlink
 ending in .sh when they are POSIX?

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
"You can gtk_main_run, but you can't gtk_widget_hide." --danw, 19-jul-04