Re: Making init scripts use dash

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 09:44:45AM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2006, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> > During some tests I've performed, I've found that making the init
> > scripts run with dash as default shell instead of bash makes the boot
> > time a 10% faster (6 seconds in a 60 second boot).
> [...]
> > 2. Change #!/bin/sh for #!/bin/dash in the scripts
>
>  Right now, if a script is named ".sh", it is sourced,

s/sources/supposed to be sourced/

some .sh initscripts call exit if stuff breaks, thereby breaking the
entire boot sequence. Rather than filing bugs on the boot sequence, the
initscripts maintainer worke around this issue by running the script in
its own shell instead of sourcing it.

--
Fun will now commence