Re: Why not making /sbin/sendmail a mantadory component for mail operation?

Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 09:42:42AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>

>>An open outgoing port 25 is commonly blocked by default anywhere you
>>have non-incompetent network management, unless you are on the
>>business of selling full internet uplinks for server hosting, or you
>>do business with spammers.
>

> Or unless you want ... customers.

Except that most customers don't know what a port is, nor much less care
that any are blocked (unless it prevents them from playing everquest or
chatting).  Most people don't run their own mail servers and can easily
be convinced by the ISP to use a mail client like Lookout, which is
pointed at the ISP's outbound mail server.  Personally, I think it is a
responsible thing for mass market ISPs to do.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto