Re: Intent to hijack Bacula

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 07:03:16PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> I also don't see how it matters: If José and John were Co-maintainers,
> no other DD would sponsor José's uploads.  In consequence, John would be

There is no guarantee of that.  Somebody has been uploading these
packages all along, and whoever it was didn't take a very close look at
them.  Plus, he is in NM and may become a DD in the future.  Though I
believe his AM is not very pleased with the Bacula situation -- his AM
encouraged me to hijack this package, in fact.

> the only uploader, and if he doesn't at the moment trust José's
> knowlegde or skills, he'll inspect his packages very critical, no matter
> whether José is in the Uploaders field or not.

If Jose were primary maintainer, and I was a co-maintainer (or one of
several), he would still get the final say over whether or not he would
accept my patches, and would still get the final say over making changes
to the package.  I do not have confidence that he would bear that
responsibility well.