Re: Intent to hijack Bacula

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 09:26:33AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 12:10:52PM +0200, José Luis Tallón wrote:
> > I couldn't be happier if that happened. We have a bit less than 3 months
> > (until Etch freezes) to get all of this in shape. Any other volunteers?
>
> I have not withdrawn my intent to take over Bacula.  I am volunteering
> to do some pretty significant work on it, and have already done so.

You should not go ahead and remove José from maintenance over his
objection if he offers you co-maintenance. Your reason for hijacking
bacula seems to have been that José was slacking, not anything personal
or some such. In that case, I can understand that you want to take over
so that the work gets done. But if José says "I'm more than willing to
let you help out, but I still want to work on it", then that should be
respected; this is how it's always done in Debian.

Of course, if I misunderstood something, or you have some compelling
reason to block José from cooperating that you haven't talked about yet,
I'm happy to be enlightened.

--
Fun will now commence