Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 4

Le Mercredi 10 Mai 2006 17:09, Pierre Habouzit a écrit :
> why do kaffe-[pj]threads depends upon gjdoc ? isn't a recommends
> enough ?
>
> given its description, it looks like a developpement tool, and I don't
> get why it's needed just for running java apps, I even don't really
> understand why it should even *suggest* it.
>
> IMHO kaffe-dev should depends upon gjdoc, because it makes sense, but
> not kaffee (or it's threaded implementations).

This was already discussed in bug #328648 and #362769, where the kaffe
maintainers say that kaffe is supposed to be a whole development kit.  I
don't understand myself why they can't just make kaffe be a metapackage
depending on everything, and still make it possible to install just the
runtime if you really want.
--
Daniel Schepler