Re: python-minimal

"Steve Langasek" <vorlon@debian.org> wrote in message [🔎] 20060430085241.GD18891@mauritius.dodds.net">news:[🔎] 20060430085241.GD18891@mauritius.dodds.net...
On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 09:32:52PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Seems to me that this should be at least a bug report on alsa-utils.
> I'm surprised that there would be a need for a lintian check for it, > but
> I guess it's better than letting such bugs go unnoticed.

I can add one; it's not a lot of overhead given that lintian already has a
framework for checking for bad dependencies.  It's basically just another
branch in an if statement.

What's the precise check?  Any package depending on python-minimal should
receive an error (or a warning?)

Based on Vorlon's message:

If (package depends on python-minimal) and (package is not essential) then ERROR.

It's pretty definitely a bug, so AIUI should be marked as an error.

with roughly the text of Steve's previous message?

Short message: "Non-essential package depends on python-minimal."

Long Message: Something along the lines of Steve's meassage.

Uh... sure :)