Re: O: Gnus -- A versatile News and mailing list reader for Emacsen.

Re: Russ Allbery 2006-04-26 <[🔎] 87r73lumlo.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu>
> > Must we decide on a policy? Can't Manoj just package gnus-dfsg and
> > be done with it? Is that really such a big problem?
>
> > I think not.
>
> Amen.
>
> I can understand people disagreeing with Manoj's choice, but am completely
> mystified by having that disagreement, particularly given Manoj's detailed
> reasoning, be grounds in and of itself for rejection from NEW.

Ack. I am one of the folks who would not have renamed the source
package if it were mine [*], but I do understand Manoj's concerns and
think the project should respect them.

Christoph

[*] Though I don't think "we" ever said Manoj's wish to rename the
package was unethical - "we" just think that it confuses users more
than it serves them. But as said, that's up to the maintainer to
decide.
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/