Re: Specifying TCP/UDP port for lockd under /etc/default/nfs-common

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 06:36:59AM -0500, David McGiven wrote:
> The newer 2.6 series kernels support configuring the TCP/UDP port number
> of the kernel lockd via the files /proc/sys/fs/nfs/nlm_tcpport and
> /proc/sys/fs/nfs/nlm_udpport.

Actually, I've been considering locking both lockd, mountd and statd to given
ports (see bugs #231074 and #289958, for instance) by default, but there are
two things that must be considered first:

 1. What ports? Is there anything remotely standardized? Can I just grab a
    few ports that look unused?
 2. The nfs-utils maintainer's opinion about the whole issue; I've been
    working a bit on the package, but he still has the final word :-)

BTW, this would probably have been more appropriate as a bug (possibly
wishlist) against nfs-utils.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/