Re: Archiving bugs with version info (Was: Re: Closing a bug vs. tagging wontfix)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Otavio Salvador wrote:
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> writes:
What about oldstable while it is supported?

IMHO, would be good to have a way to check the bugs affecting each
release, so in the current interface we might have a link for:

Filter bugs affecting:
 - current stable
 - previous stable
 - testing
 - unstable

Or even filters for bugs affecting a certain stable point release.

The new BTS versioning is a Good Thing(tm), it just needs people to actually use versioned closes instead of leaving tagged bugs lingering. For example, during the recent BSP I retitled a bug which was titled just "package doesn't work" (good move) and tagged it +sarge (bad move, as it discourages the maintainer from closing the bug).

(Fenio, I'm CCing this to you even though you're subscribed to d-d, just to bring #355827 to your attention.)

1KB
--
/-----------------------\ Shh, be vewy, vewy quiet,
| kilobyte@mimuw.edu.pl | I'm hunting wuntime ewwows!