Re: Missing firefox source and unofficial debian-amd64 breakage

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 07:10:44PM -0400, Eric Dorland wrote:
> Should I file a bug somewhere about this? Clearly I hit a corner case
> that dak doesn't handle quite right.

About the empty mail, eh, I see #300599, seems I noticed it before.
Amazing how fast time goes though -- guess I really should dedicate some
time on hacking on dak, for example during DebCamp. I should follow Joey
Hess' advice :)[1], after all, I have 'only' 183 outstanding bugs.

About the .orig.tar.gz, it's related to #232730, but subtly different,
the root cause is that .orig.tar.gz handling in combination with queues
(like the NEW queue) is inadequate, and the current design has way too
many corner cases. There are plans to overhaul the queue handling, but
it's a bit a long-term project, unfortunately. And the current setup
works mostly, except there'll probably always be some corner cases left,
esp. with also new features getting implemented (like the security queue
overhaul, the proposed-updates queue stuff, etc). You can file a bug on
'dak', but the inadequate .orig.tar.gz handling is a well known issue,
so it's not really needed either.

--Jeroen

[1] http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/check_your_bugs_day.html

--