Re: Missing firefox source and unofficial debian-amd64 breakage

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 09:57:32PM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 09:49:29PM +0200, Mike Hommey <glandium@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 02:46:47PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > as some might have noticed the Debian archive is missing
> > >
> > > /debian/pool/main/f/firefox/firefox_1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2.orig.tar.gz
> > >
> > > The missing file has a sideeffect for the debian-amd64 archive because
> > > the sync-script detects an inconsistency and stops. Since it goes
> > > alphabeticaly and package after firefox won't be updated to the latest
> > > version anymore.

> > > maintainers fault and is probably being investigated already. But that
> > > doesn't help the rest of the world in the short run.
> >
> > AFAIK, the breakage is due to the fact that 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2-1 is
> > sitting in the NEW queue. I guess Eric didn't make a sourceful upload
> > for 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2-2, thus the missing orig.tar.gz file.
>
> Better than that. Eric DID a sourceful upload which got rejected because
> the .orig.tar.gz was in the NEW queue. Then he uploaded without the
> source and that's what got into the archive.
> Now, 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2-1 has been rejected, without any reason given.

There should have been a reason in the reject mail, and even if not, the
footer asks to reply if you don't understand. Anyway, the reason was
that currently 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2-2 is in unstable, and 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.2-1
is smaller, so cannot be anything else than rejected. You can of course
re-upload to NEW with a higher version number.

Anyway, the .orig.tar.gz is now restored and should be on your local
mirror around nowish.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar