Re: So we got caught, so what? But we did the right thing.

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 21:14 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Eldon Koyle <ekoyle@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On  Apr 18 20:27-0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> >> So, if a married same-sex couple were students at BYU, that would be
> >> fine?
> >
> > BYU is a private, religious school.  The church which runs it will never
> > acknowledge a same-sex couple as married.  Also, most states do not
> > recognize same-sex marriages in the first place.  In the belief system
> > of this religion, said marriages cannot make sense.

[snip]

> Your deliciously deceptive statement, that heck, *all* extramarital
> sex is frowned upon, but marital sex is fine, is not, in fact, right.
> In the eyes of BYU, some marriages are more equal than others.

Is same-sex marriage legally recognized in Utah?  If not, then
there is only "hetero marriage".  You can't discriminate against
what doesn't exist.

Anyway, this is getting pretty far OT.  Shouldn't it be moved to
debian-user? :-O

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"It is a fair summary of history to say that the safeguards of
liberty have been forged in controversies involving not very nice
people."
Felix Frankfurter, Supreme Court Justice