Re: X11R7 and what this transition means for you

On Die, 18 Apr 2006, Eugene Konev wrote:
> /etc/X11/fonts/X11R7/Type1/foo.scale

Thanks for clarifying this.

>  NP> I would say that the former (the old location) would make more sense,
>  NP> since it does not really help to have the additional X11R7 in the
>  NP> /e/X/f/ hierachy.
>
> This will lead to alias and scale files having invalid entries if you
> have fonts installed in both old (/usr/X11R6) and new (/usr/share)
> locations.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Best wishes

Norbert

TIBSHELF (n.)
Criss-cross wooden construction hung on a wall in a teenage girl's
bedroom which is covered with glass bambies and poodles, matching pigs
and porcelain ponies in various postures.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff