Re: libgtk2.0-0: changelog.Debian.gz is not an upstream changelog

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 12:02:42PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> writes:
> > * Christian Marillat:
> >> Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> >> Where are you reading that ?
> >
> > An upstream change is a change to the Debian package, too, and listing
> > them is expressly allowed under the "other changes" option.
>
> I'm sorry but no. Read again. The Debian changelog is for Debian changes
> not upstream. For that we have a changelog file and a NEW file.
>
>       Changes in the Debian version of the package should be briefly
>       explained in the Debian changelog file `debian/changelog'.[1] This
>       includes modifications made in the Debian package compared to the
>       upstream one as well as other changes and updates to the package.

Does it say that everything else is specifically excluded?  Do you
really have nothing better to do with your life than argue semantics
about an ambiguous sentence[0].

Please get off this list and do something more productive with your
time.

[0]: One could well read it as, the Debian-specific changes, and also
     the upstream changes and anything else done to the package as a
     whole.