Re: GPG signing of debian packages

davidek@ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz wrote:
> Dear experts,
>    I am trying to build my own debian packages with GPG signature. I set
> up gnupg, ran gpg and gpg --gen-key and also filled the variable
> default-key with my generated keyID in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf. I thought that
> this is all I have to do, since Debian Maintainer's guide claims that
>          dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
> needs as the input the secret passhprase (twice). I expected I
> would be asked for the passphrase, but it's not the case.
[...]

Hello,
I think question has been answered already, just a tidbit:

- I personally always run dpkg-buildpackage with -uc -us and use
  debsign -kkeyid foo_changes to sign the /final/ packages
  afterwards. I usually build the packages more than once before
  uploading as I often find some last-minute bug, and don't like to
  type in my gpg-passphrase more frequently than necessary.

          cu andreas

--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute