Re: Debian Light Desktop - meta package

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 09:40 +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 13/04/2006 alle 11.46 +0200, Eduard Bloch ha scritto:
> [...]
> > > - evince
> >
> > As other pointed out, does basically the same job as xpdf but pulls half
> > of the Gnome.
>
> If you just want to display PDF files then probably xpdf is a better
> option, but Evince has a really nice feature: it show TIFF multipage.
> This is the *only* free software program I am aware of, that can show
> multipage tiff file.

Something that pulls in half of GNOME should not be part of a
"light desktop" meta-package.  Let the user pull it in later if
desired.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"There is no shadow of protection to be had by sheltering behind
the slender stockades of visionary speculation, or by hiding
behind the wagon-wheels of pacific theories."
Madame Chiang Kai-Shek