Re: Debian Light Desktop - meta package

2006/4/13, Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org>:
> Le Jeu 13 Avril 2006 15:20, Linas Žvirblis a écrit :
> > > I think this would be better than a meta package because it would
> > > be available in the regular install, and it would avoid some of the
> > > issues with meta packages.
> >
> > Meta package or not, I do not consider "Light Desktop" a good name
> > because it is too general.
>
> > A name like "XFCE desktop" would be way more descriptive.
> because *you* know what XFCE is and looks like

In the majority of the times the user doesn't knows what is XFCE.
IMHO, xfce is seemed Gnome and Kde.
The idea is to have good applications for a light desktop (no depend
of Gnome,XFCE or outher WM) and not my favorites :)

--
Andre Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira (si0ux) <andrelrf@gmail.com>

(Dennis Ritchie)