Re: Upload getting lost

* Frank Küster:

> Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
>
>> * Raphael Hertzog:
>>
>>> Edit debian/changelog, and change the ":" by "+" and you're probably done.
>>
>> Shouldn't policy be updated to reflect this?
>
> Which part?  5.6.12 already talks about that.

A colon is explicitly allowed if the version contains an epoch.  In
this case, the build generate file names which contain a colon, too,
and I'd expect them to be rejected in the same manner (they look
essentially the same because the epoch is dropped).

Technically, this is not a dpkg-source but because dpkg (and APT) do
not validate version numbers.  Some ISVs rely on this and they use
forbidden characters in version strings ('_' seems to be quite common,
for example).  And I suspect that there are no two programs in Debian
which implement exactly the same version comparison algorithm, but
this is a different story. 8-/