Re: Eiffel.

* Kari Pahula:

> I can assume that Eiffel Software is arguing that anything compiled
> with Eiffel Studio is a derived product and needs to be under GPL too.

It seem like software compiled using Eiffel Studio links to the GPLed
run-time library, so such a claim would make a lot of sense.

The situation is a bit different from MySQL, though, because you
normally do not link against the server, only against the client
library, and IIRC, there is still a non-GPLed one which is compatible
with current servers (although the current version of the client
access library is GPLed).