Re: System users that receive mail in /var/mail/systemuser?

Re: Andreas Metzler 2006-04-09 <[🔎] e14ng3-dq7.ln1@argenau.downhill.at.eu.org>
> #1 sane packages redirect mail via /etc/aliases
> #2 un-aliased mail to systemusers (e.g. spam) is not accepted and
> dumped into /var/mail/systemuser but rejected immediately (at SMTP
> time).

I'm not aware of any package inserting its system users into
/etc/aliases, and in fact, my sid chroot doesn't even have that file.

So unless I'm wrong here, a general mechanism to redirect/reject mail
to such users should be invented. Maybe adduser could do that?

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/