What library to use for manipulation iCal data from C

Hello,

In summary:
What library, if any in Debian, do I want to use if I want to work with iCal data in C?

The longer version:
I am currently working with the upstream of calcurse[1] on adding support for
the iCal calendaring data format to the program. I assumed that someone else
had already written a library which would simplify my task. This turned out to
be right:

http://www.aurore.net/projects/libical/

Unfortunately, it seems, a number of applications provide the functionality
exported by this library. Specifically, as far as I can tell, evolution and
some KDE module[2]. Additionally, libical is not currently in Debian, while it
appears to have been at some point. So, as mentioned previously, I am at a loss
as to what library to use for manipulating iCal data in C.

Pointers and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[1] http://culot.org/calcurse/
[2]
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=libical&searchmode=searchword&case=insensitive&version=unstable&arch=i386&page=1&number=50

--
Søren O.

"Oh, bother" said the Borg, "we've assimilated Pooh".