Re: pkg-config including too much crap

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> Well, the thing is that the .pc doesn't list all those libraries, it's
> just that pkg-config is adding them. The .pc file looks like below.
> Apparently, pkg-config is following the "Requires" link and appending
> all those libs also. Perhaps that's supposed to be Requires.private.
> Of perhaps the Requires shouldn't be there at all.

 Yes, it's following Requires and will pull Cflags and Libs from other
 modules.  I think it would be ok in your case to move from Requires to
 Requires.private.  There are some cases where this is not possible, for
 example would gtkspell/gtkspell.h #include gtk.h, it should pull the -I
 flags to see gtk.h;  this -I flags is in the Cflags from gtk.pc, and
 hence gtkspell would need to Require gtk.

 On a related subject, I wonder if GtkSpell should depend on glib and
 #include its header to #define gchar, GError etc.

   Bye,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>