Re: pkg-config including too much crap

On 4/4/06, Roger Leigh <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog@gmail.com> writes:
> > Is there a way to get sane output from pkg-config or should I just
> > parse the .pc file myself?
>
> The .pc file needs converting to use Libs.private for libraries which
> are only indirect dependencies.

Well, the thing is that the .pc doesn't list all those libraries, it's
just that pkg-config is adding them. The .pc file looks like below.
Apparently, pkg-config is following the "Requires" link and appending
all those libs also. Perhaps that's supposed to be Requires.private.
Of perhaps the Requires shouldn't be there at all.

There's a bug here somewhere...

-------------
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}