Re: So we got caught, so what? But we did the right thing.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 05:54:32PM -0800, Greg Conner wrote:
> PS.. For further evidence on how poor your leadership is, I refer you to
> how much caos there is on your mailing lists.
>
> You can't keep your release managers:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00008.html

... who's now a candidate to become DPL. Your point?

> You have no control over your ftpmasters who act like they run the world.

Err, I've never seen any ftpmaster act like that. Evidence to the
contrary will be scrutinized, but I guess you won't be able to come up
with any.

> You do nothing but put each other down.  I refere top all the posts about
> svenl.  You all don't know how to work together at all.

Thanks for the compliment. And for the good (ahem) example you're
showing here.

> You have the biggest reputation of all distros as being jerks to others.

Which is a pity, because it's only a (very vocal) minority which is a
bunch of jerks.

> Then pawn off your cowardice by saying "we're all just volunteers"

We are, aren't we?

> You lose half your Developer wannabies, NMs, because your mentor program is
> lousy and you are more worried about making people suffer through the
> buracracy allowing  people who honestly want to help Debian to do so. See
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2005/12/msg00004.html

Are you suggesting we should allow everyone who wants it to have
effective root on all Debian installations out there?

Surely you must be joking.

> You say it takes you guys a long time to release packages because you want
> them bug free.  HAAAAAAAAA!!!   Things like gnome 2.12 come out and it
> isn't in Unstable for like 3 months.  It would take less time to get
> packages ready for stable if you would put them in Unstable.

Have you actually ever tried to prepare a Debian package?

> You talk about how much care you put into finding good developers, but you
> can't even get them to work for you:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/01/msg00004.html
> YOu have to threaten them to work, and yet the bugs are still there.
>
> etc...  we could keep going but there is not enough time in the day.
>
> In short, get a new Leadership,(WE are aware of new DPL Elections), but who

For reference, the SCO thing was a joke. The fact that you think we
really believe that makes it clear how less you understand.

Ideas to improve Debian are, and have always been, welcome. But telling
people who've been able to build a consistent and functional system for
over a decade that "you suck, this is how you should do stuff" is just
trolling.

> Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee?

Hah!

--
Fun will now commence