So we got caught, so what? But we did the right thing.

It must be SCO.  They have cleverly disguised themselves as BYU
students.  :-)

-Roberto

So we got caught trying to br BYU students.  You guys win that battle.

But you have to admit at least we care enough about Debian that we are willing to make suggestions. We don't want to offend anyone in particular, but you guys have a talent for computers, but your leadership is failing in the bright ideas department. Besides programming issues, what great ideas has any leadership put forth to keep bring Debian to levels and hieghts not even imagined by anyone.

The real reason Ubuntu does so well is they have not only programming skills but a leader with incredible vision and new ideas, something DPLs and others seem to not. As evidence where are the constant DPL's great ideas for the future of Debian? All the voting issues and debated issues are over things like "GFDL position" or throwing people out of Debian. Nobdoy ever posts anything concerning a vision for the future. NOBODY! except non DDs. YOu all just don't seem to care.

WITH THE PROGRAMMING SKILLS YOU ALL HAVE, IF YOU WOULD TRY TO PUT THE BIGGEST VISIONARY AS DPL, HE/SHE WILL TAKE YOU TO LEVELS NOT EXPERIENCED. ALL ~970 OF YOU.

I know you will ignore this or say don't feed the troll, but the man/woman developer with enough guts to say to the rest of the DDs, "Debain could do so much better, here's some ideas" is the DD we will have so much respect for.

PS.. For further evidence on how poor your leadership is, I refer you to how much caos there is on your mailing lists.

You can't keep your release managers: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00008.html

You have no control over your ftpmasters who act like they run the world.

You do nothing but put each other down. I refere top all the posts about svenl. You all don't know how to work together at all.

You have the biggest reputation of all distros as being jerks to others. Then pawn off your cowardice by saying "we're all just volunteers"

You lose half your Developer wannabies, NMs, because your mentor program is lousy and you are more worried about making people suffer through the buracracy allowing people who honestly want to help Debian to do so. See http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2005/12/msg00004.html

You say it takes you guys a long time to release packages because you want them bug free. HAAAAAAAAA!!! Things like gnome 2.12 come out and it isn't in Unstable for like 3 months. It would take less time to get packages ready for stable if you would put them in Unstable.

You talk about how much care you put into finding good developers, but you can't even get them to work for you: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/01/msg00004.html
YOu have to threaten them to work, and yet the bugs are still there.

etc...  we could keep going but there is not enough time in the day.

In short, get a new Leadership,(WE are aware of new DPL Elections), but who are you going to elect? And there are more to your leadership problems than the DPL.

Our advice to you all is get some control of yourselves, and some leadership with good ideas and clear goals that are revolutionary. Or start working for Ubuntu, at least they have leadership with the right quality.