Re: Bruce Perens hosts party at OSCON Wednesday night

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 07:38:47PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 01:58:15PM -0300, Humberto Massa Guimar?es wrote:
>
> > And to boot, an e-mail calling for curriculae for a recruiting party
> > is on-topic to a DEVELOPERS list
>
> No. This is why the debian-jobs list exists.

Andrew is right - there was perhaps a more appropriate list.

Sadly - yet again, the real problem was the approach Adam took.
Instead of a gentle friendly prod towards using the right list, Adam
replied with a public antagonistic slapping.

I suspect Bruce will probably not bother offering invitations to DD's in
the future... Sad really.

Why are we so quick to point fingers and wind each other (and outsiders) up.

Will a new DPL be able to break through this barrier of arrogant
selfish one-up-manship? Will all Debian devs ever be able to encourage and
build each other up instead of bickering over their preferred method and
style of protocol?

I'm not hopeful - human nature is overwhelmingly self-centered and self-absorbed.

I'd love to be surprised.

--
Paul