Re: dicussion about patches ...

* Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> [2006-03-19 08:06]:

> The question is if the problems with the patches and the reason for not
> applying it will be commented, thus giving the author a chance to modify it,
> or change his approach to fixing the bug, or if the patch will be utherly
> ignored, which is an act of total contempt to his author as well as the users
> affected by the bug.

If you think not applying a pacht without given reasoning is a "contempt
to his author as well as the users affected by the bug" you perform an
unjustifyable imputation as you don't know the, tough not communticated,
reasons for not applying. Please stop this behaviour, you cannot read
peoples minds! Be calm and friendly give the maintainer time and than,
in a friendly tone, ask for reasons and you will get them. And don't
tell me you asked in a nice way, I've read so many of your mails that
seem to have been sent before you finished thinking and you had to
apologize afterwards.

yours Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> ---- Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal Operating System
Ein Holländer ohne Führerschein ist obdachlos.