Re: versioned symbols in shared libraries (upstream != Debian)

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 04:50:14 -0500, Sean Finney <seanius@debian.org>
wrote:
>*2 YEARS AGO* you open a bug report saying they should do this, and
>their response is "we don't plan to do this, you should only have
>one version of mysql installed".
>
>So then we do all the legwork to get versioned symbols working,
>and send them a patch.  4 months later, they accept the patch,
>but change it just enough to make it completely non-compatible
>with what we've done in the meantime.  gee, thanks guys!

And the best is, that they're going to continue ranting about how bad
and incompatible Debian is. They're already doing this ("Debian is
broken, use the binaries downloaded from our web site"), and it's
going to be worse.

MySQL is slowly going the way of the Kernel, Mozilla, X. They're just
too big and too important to care.

Greetings
Marc