Re: removal of svenl from the project

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 11:25 +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> Le Mer 15 Mars 2006 03:01, Andres Salomon a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am going through the expulsion process to have Sven Luther removed
> > from the project.  The process is outlined here:
> > <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/08/msg00005.html>
> >, and I have already completed step 1.
>
> I strongly oppose to such an expulsion.

It amazes me that people oppose expulsion, but are perfectly happy to
allow the DAMs to decide whether or not a NM is to be let into the
project.  Why do we trust the DAM's judgement in one scenario but not
the other?

> what is wrong with you ? are you gone completely insane or what ?

I'm tired of discussions immediately degrading into personal insults.

> I know Sven may sometimes be a bit overpresent in some trolls, he also
> may answer too quick, without having read the mail he answers to
> correctly enough. But AFAICT, I've always seen him apologies when he
> did so (I can provide links if you can't believe me…).

That is not the case.  Furthermore, apologizing repeatedly does not make
his behavior right.

> If you want to expulse any DD that taunts a release manager, a
> ftp-master or a debian sys-admin, hey, please begin with the recent
> thread about the NEW queue beeing stuck again. There is a lot of DDs
> that need you to rule about them.

This is not about taunting a release manager, an ftp master, or a DAM.
This is about repeated aggressive, childish behavior, against a number
of people.  Sven seems to anger almost everyone he works closely with.
The examples I provided are just the tip of the iceberg.  I thought I
explained this in my followup email[0].

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/03/msg00621.html