Re: GFDL question

Jacobo Tarrio <jtarrio@trasno.net> wrote:

> El martes, 14 de marzo de 2006 a las 08:27:25 +0100, Norbert Preining escribía:
>
>> Ok, there are no invariant sections, but there is (a short) front and
>> back cover text.
>> How do we proceed with these documents?
>
>  From the text of the GR itself:
>
> This means that works that don't include any Invariant Sections, Cover
> Texts, Acknowledgements, and Dedications (or that do, but permission to
> remove them is explicitly granted), are suitable for the main component of
> our distribution.
>
>  So it is still not distributable.

... in main.

The reason is clear, and front cover texts are even a more severe
problem than invariant sections:  You cannot include the text anywhere
else except in that particular document, not in the sources, not in an
other GFDL'ed document, solely in something that still has the same name
as the original document.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster