Re: Delayed ldconfig execution in postinst step

[ Please Cc: me on replies ]

> Therefore it is crucial that only commands
>
> - that cannot sensibly be assumed to fail, und any circumstances
>  including f'cked up filesystems,

> can be allowed.

That would exclude ldconfig then.  If someone happens to install sonamed
libfoo.so only but rely on ldconfig to create the libfoo.so.N symlink
(not all the world uses libtool), boing, the library would be unusable.

Cheers,
Ralf (no I don't know whether Debian policy already forbids this setup)