Re: For those who care about stable updates

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:43:22PM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> It's sad, yes, but I think it's just the way people work.  Debian is a city
> now, not a village anymore - lots of people know lots of other people not
> very well or not at all.  This probably includes people in important
> functions, although the various face to face meetings have improved this in
> some areas.  Right now we're trying to cope with city problems using
> village methods - has not worked in the Real World, won't work in an online
> community.
Hi Adrian,
if there is technical committee for arbitrating technical difference,
I'd suggest a duty added to the DPL position: social mediator. Someone
would email mediation@debian.org which would be a special address
forwarded to the DPL(leader@debian.org?) that would be encrypted with a
DPL public key as to provide privacy. One party would email the problem
and the mediator would send an encrypted email to (a leader of a group or the
particular person) asking for a conference on a private irc channel with
no logging and such. Each party would represent their side and the DPL
would try to workout something. After the meeting everyone would agree
to not discuss anything in public and only redress furthur problems by
arranging another private irc session.
Cheers,
Kev