Re: Box does not switch of on halt

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Christian Fromme wrote:

A friend of mine had the same problem once and IIRC he solved it by
simply loading the apm module through /etc/modules.
Well, the laptop is ACPI and if I'm not completely wrong ACPI replaces
APM and I've read that I should not use APM and ACPI in parallel.
Moreover the probelm occured after an upgrade of some random packages
from testing without touching the kernel at all.  In these old APM
days (several years and several kernels ago) the hint was right, but
I'll try with my older APM boxes at home to make sure I did not miss
anything.

Thanks for the hint

          Andreas.

--