Re: Propose exim4 for debian-volatile (Was: exim4_4.50-8sarge1)

sorry, but i disagree with you on that. For me volatile is handling
packages with volatile data, not for handling packages the stable
release manager denys to take into a stable release.

I've not followed this bug but AIUI SRM has approved the package for the next point release. If the bug is important enough to make it easy for uers of current sarge to upgrade then
the proper venue is security, not volitile.
If it is not important enough for the security repository then users will just have to wait.

Although if I have misunderstood the issue than the above may not apply.