Re: Problems found by piuparts

Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 18:40 +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
>>If we are to start doing checks on packages before accepting uploads, I
>>think it would be best to start with some subset of lintian and linda
>>errors.

Note that individual maintainers can already configure dput to stop the
upload on lintian/linda errors. You can also add hooks to that end to
pbuilder.

> Since these tools can already differentiate between errors and warnings,
> it would make sense to define the subset for rejection as "all errors".

I'm afraid I have to disagree here. An old FSF address doesn't warrant a
reject. Neither do false positives in lintian, they do happen (e.g. the
last C++ transition would have been impeded, in fact l.d.o still shows
lintian errors for "libfoo0c2a").
Effectively, this would only foster an increase in questionable
overrides. Lintian is a useful tool, but it's results need to be subject
to review before filing bugs or doing rejects.

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/