Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] Re: Packaing Xen 3.0 etc for Debian

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 04:37:56PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:

Hi,

> > This is great! In the meantime we are working on uploading xen 3.0 to unstable,
> > and our packages I think are almost ready too!
>
> This is insufficient. Either maintain both 3.0 and unstable or none. In
> the meantime, the kernel team will maintain both.

I think we have no problem packaging the unstable hypervisor too, as the kernel
team provides support for it, after the stable one is in debian! Why don't you
join the xen team list, so we can work together on that (contacting the kernel
team when all of them are needed). I think having some people both on the kernel
and the xen team will be better, of course! On the other hand Xen is not the
kernel, so isn't it better if there is a team for it, even if strongly connected
with the kernel one?

Actually I'm sorry I had mis-read your statement... I thought you were talking
just about the kernel while you referred to the hypervisor too! That's why my
sentence might have appeared a bit out of context, sorry! So... what do you
think we can do now? Can we join our efforts on xen or you strongly think it
should be left to the kernel team, and we should just close the alioth project?

Thanks! :)

Guido