Re: documentation types

pe, 2006-02-17 kello 01:10 +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
kirjoitti:
> Docbook/XML or SGML conversion to HTML is easy. Proper PS / PDF generation is
> not that easy (depends on toolchain and local configuration) and that's
> what your average user typically asks for when handling large documents
> (manny prefer printing bulky documents than reading them offline or online).

As a hypothesis, I propose that many people prefer to print PS/PDF files
rather than reading them from the screen because PS/PDF tend to be
unpleasant to read from the screen. It doesn't, for example, reformat
itself to the display/window/font size combination. HTML does that
better.

Anyway, I'm not opposed to providing a PDF version in a package, but I
really, really hope we're not going to switch away from HTML as the
primary format.

--
Code is cheap to write.