Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

* J?r?me Marant (jmarant@free.fr) wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> >> The only people it made happy are extremists.  See #207932.  This is a
> >
> > A 3:1 majority win in 2004-04 makes your claim rather tenuous, unless you
> > are arguing that such a large part of Debian is composed of extremists,
> > only.
>
> That was a 3:1 majority out of 200 voters, considering that Debian
> counts almost 1000 developers and considering that many pros are
> convinced they have been deceived.

If only 200 out of 1000 care enough to vote, then those are the people
who get to make the decisions. We can't force developers to vote, so
we can't be paralyzed into inaction by saying we can't do something
because not enough people sent in a vote.

> Extremists are a minority but a very lound minority as usual which makes
> them often win.
>
> Dictorship of Minorities shall be opposed.

If I minority are the only ones that vote, they get to set the
direction of the project. No sense bitching about that, just get more
people to vote.

--
Eric Dorland <eric@kuroneko.ca>
ICQ: #61138586, Jabber: hooty@jabber.com