Re: when and why did python(-minimal) become essential?

#include <hallo.h>
* Josselin Mouette [Sun, Jan 29 2006, 04:44:32AM]:
> Le samedi 28 janvier 2006 à 21:13 -0600, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
> > > Sorry, but there's a whole new generation of Debian developers here
> > > that simply won't develop anything in perl, just because perl looks
> > > too complex and cryptic to us.
> >
> >         I see. I am not sure how I can respond to this without seeming
> >  to be insulting. We are trying to build the best OS out there, and
> >  ifone of the most popular glue languages is too abstruse for people,
> >  perhaps they should, umm, reconsider their qualifications?
>
> You don't only *seem* to be insulting. Just because people don't want to
> waste their time with an inefficient language, you label them as
> incompetent? Guess what, some people have better to do than learning
> perl or C++. If you're going to refuse contributions from people who
> don't understand perl, I'm not sure you're going to build the best OS
> out there - only the best perl OS.

Broken logics. You do accept every contribution even if you know that
patch does not comply with your quality standards? And a language
(itself) is inefficient because _you_ don't want to learn it?
And you can compare the efficiency without knowing how a _good_
implementation in the other language may look like?

> If a good number of scripts that would be worth including in the base
> system were written in haskell or scheme, I would be the first one to
> support that inclusion. Guess what? Such scripts don't exist, because
> these languages are currently not suitable for these tasks.

Heh, now your change your line of argumentation just to make it look
less foolish. Congratulations.

Eduard.
--
<Treibholz> Hey! #gentoo.de@ircnet ist richtig schlimm
<Treibholz> Da kriegt man, wenn man "Hallo" sagt, als Antwort schon rtfm!