Re: when and why did python(-minimal) become essential?

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 02:13:57 +0100, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> said:

>> Sure, it'd be nice; but then tomorrow someone else will come along
>> who will claim that Python is sucky and that Ruby is Teh Thing, and
>> we can start this all over from the start again.

> I hear this argument against python all the time, and frankly, if
> people were listening to such arguments, we'd all be programming
> COBOL on VMS.

        And if we followed the the line of argument you are pressing
 uncritically, we'd bloat essential/base with gazillions of
 interpreters from people too lazy or incompetent to learn the
 interpreters already in base.

        If people find Perl too hard (feh), and python too ugly,
 regressive syntactically, and counter intuitive, and want ruby, or
 scheme, or haskell, what then?

        manoj
--
What we Are is God's gift to us. What we Become is our gift to God.