Re: when and why did python(-minimal) become essential?

> > Sure, it'd be nice;
> > but then tomorrow someone else will come along who will claim that
> > Python is sucky and that Ruby is Teh Thing, and we can start this all
> > over from the start again.
> I hear this argument against python all the time, and frankly, if people
> were listening to such arguments, we'd all be programming COBOL on VMS.

As long as it's safe to work with a world-writable current directory
/tmp, I wouldn't mind either way.

I think the conclusion about LD_PATH was
	python includes the 'current directory of the executed binary'
	ruby includes the 'current directory', thus unsafe.

dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project