Re: Derived distributions and the Maintainer: field

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 12:12:39PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:
> >You seem to require a standard of attribution in the Maintainer field
> >that Debian does not itself follow in our default procedures.  To wit:
> >NMUs _within_ Debian keep the Maintainer field unchanged
>
> Good point.  If Ubuntu wishes to keep the Maintainer field the same,  but
> use NMU version numbers and add a "Changed-By:" field which is different, that
> seems perfectly reasonable as well.

There is no Changed-By: field in source or binary packages which are NMUd in
Debian, and Ubuntu *does* use something quite similar (though not identical)
to NMU version numbers.  An Ubuntu-specific upload of foo 1.0-1 is versioned
1.0-1ubuntu1.

--
 - mdz