Re: [ad-hominem construct deleted]

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:01:31AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com> [2006-01-17 11:36]:
> > I'm saying that you should pause and consider that you're looking at a
> > world-writable resource before treating its contents as a position statement
> > on behalf of the project, and that malicious intent is far from the only (or
> > even the most common) reason for errors.  It could very well be that Mark or
> > someone else originally wrote "from Debian" and the quote was transcribed
> > incorrectly.
>
>  Then pretty please fix it.

You surely understand that it isn't appropriate for me to change a quote
which is attributed to someone else.

However, I did ask Mark to clarify it, and he has done so, so hopefully you
can rest easy and this subthread can die.

> > I haven't a clue what you're talking about here.  What press release, and
> > how does d-d-a enter into it?
>
>  You do read d-d-a, don't you? I am refering to buxy's mail, which
> stirred this all up.

I did, but I have no idea what you meant to say by "a press release so you
can add d-d-a to your announce lists", or how this relates to the mail that
you cite.  Perhaps you could rephrase it more clearly?  The grammar in the
original is difficult to parse.

> > Do you not read debian-devel-announce?
>
>  Yes, I do. Again, I cite myself:
>
> >>  I wonder why I never received any bugreport about my stupid and wrong
> >> C++ transition here...
>
>  Do you imply with this message that Ubuntu doesn't care about quality
> in their upstreams but rather keep their stuff to themselfes?

Please, be reasonable.  You were notified about the existence of the patch
in an announcement on a mailing list that Debian developers are required to
read.  Don't blame Ubuntu because you didn't use this information.

--
 - mdz