Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

Hello,

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 11:35:24PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > I believe Ubuntu fills an important gap in the Debian world and as such
>
> Ubuntu is not part of the Debian world,

That's simply wrong given the many people who use both and who cares about
both. You're only one inside Debian and you can't generalize your personal
opinion on the whole project.

> If such gap exist, we should not abdicate our responsability to fill
> it to others that do not adhere to our principles.

Sorry, you missed my point. I do not direct our users/developers to
another distribution, I call for better cooperation so that WE can fill the
gap by taking part of their work.

Furthermore we heard several times that some DD were unhappy about the
version of their packages in Ubuntu which was integrated without their
opinion and this mail is an opportunity for people like those who care to
voice their opinion about their packages in Ubuntu.

If you don't care about Ubuntu, just don't collaborate but please do not
fight other Debian developers who are intested in working together with
Ubuntu.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog