Re: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=265920

i've thought for a long time about how to reply to your message.

which, now that i re-read it, i notice that it is extremely patronising,
and all possible thought of being nice and non-confrontational goes out
the xxxxing window.

given that you are happy to write patronising messages, i am not
therefore too surprised at your statement.

i therefore invite you to accept reality.

the reality is: there are too many people using debian who have found
"reportbug" and use it for you to whine about how the world "does not
revolve around debian".

the mozilla team accept the reality that bugs are going to
come in from several sources.

why the xxxx can't you?

get with it, get off your damn high horse, and accept that intelligent
and stupid people alike are going to report bugs - not to suit _your_
whims but because the reporting method is _there_ and they haven't been
told any different.

if you _want_ people to stop using the debian system, then here are your
options, in no particular order:

1) write a program to sabotage bugs.debian.org or a subsection of it.

2) write a program that slurps bugs of certain debian package names and
duplicates the contents in the kde bugs.

3) write a program that monitors the bugs of certain debian package
names and sends a message to each notifying them of your fucking dipshit
disposition that "this bug will be totally ignored because i am so up my
own arse i cannot be bothered to read it unless you post it on _my_
system".

4) put in a bugreport against the debian "reportbug" package about this
entire issue you find so objectionable

5) write a patch to reportbug to have an "exclusionary list" or an
"advisory / warning" saying that the debian bug reporting for any kde
package is _specifically_ for reporting debian packaging problems _not_
for reporting bugs on kde, and pllllleeeeasse pretty please could you go
go _ourr_ nice bug-reporting system

6) stick your head in a bucket of cold water and CHILL OUT (i'll be
doing likewise in a couple of minutes, just as i get to about no 8 or so
on this list of suggestions)

7) develop an RSS/XML-lovely-intercommuney-system of
bug-communicationey-stuff protocol "thing" that allows free software
bugs to be "pushed" across to different interoperable systems.  i
strongly advise you to consider looking up AS/2 which is an RFC on how
to communicate XML documents and also to have a digitally signed
"receipt" indicating acceptance of the transfer.  perhaps that's a
bit overkill, but worth considering.

the basic principle: allow bugs to be searched across
multiple systems (not just your own system); allow a bug to
be transferred by the thingies.  bug maintainer people.  for them
with one easy push-of-a-browser-button say "here.  _you_ deal with it".

ahh, why didnt' _you_ think of some of these ideas, instead
of just bitching about how debian and its users are so XXXX
XXXXXXX XXXXXX we interrupt this email to bring you some light
refridgerator i mean elevator music.

ahh, i feel better now.  calm, calm.  i am at onnnne with the universe.
i am bleeennnnded in.