Re: Maintaining a debian package

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 22.59, Andi Drebes wrote:
> Hi there!
> [...] As I'm using debian and like it
> pretty much, I'd like to add it to the list of packages that debian
> oficially provides. The first problem is, that I don't know how to create
> debian-packages.

Start here: <http://www.debian.org/devel/>

Especially at <http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/>

Then, for all the details, there is
<http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/>, and for more on how .deb files
are actually contributed, <http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/>
and <http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html>

> I even have a lot of problems when creating a
> distribution with automake and autoconf.

Well, that's not really Debian specific :-)

The autobook is a good place to start, even though it's somewhat outdated
IIRC. <http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/>

I hope this gives you a good start.

greetings
-- vbi

--
To be, or not to be, those are the parameters.