Re: How to Increase Contributions from Volunteers

Anthony Towns:
> Anyway, the real point of replying was for me to have some fun playing
> (what I'll hereby dub) the false dichotomy game. That's where you take
> a set of contradictory statements, and setup reasonable scenarios where,
> in fact, both alternatives are true simultaneously.

I'd call it the "obscure the point game", because the pairs of statements
were meant to illustrate a difference in attitude, not a set of absolute
contradictions.  But I think you know that.  Because you are really playing
another game, which I'll dub "the innuendo game".
--
Thomas Hood