Re: How to Increase Contributions from Volunteers

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:50:22 +0100, Andreas Schuldei <andreas@debian.org> said:

> * Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> [2006-01-03 12:24:29]:
>> They are right: most probably they will find it easier to make
>> contributions to other projects.

> we need to promote the easy entry points to contributing to debian
> more prominently and should hide the "how to become a DD" in
> comparison.

        What on earth for?

> we should leave that option for the ones that want to contribute
> above average.

        We are trying to build the best distribution of linux on the
 planet, not the so-so ditribution created by the most number of
 people.  Why do you think that an excellent direbution can come by
 with contribution of people who are, in your own words, below

A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons.