Re: How to Increase Contributions from Volunteers

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:50:22 +0100, Andreas Schuldei <andreas@debian.org> said:

> * Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> [2006-01-03 12:24:29]:
>> They are right: most probably they will find it easier to make
>> contributions to other projects.

> we need to promote the easy entry points to contributing to debian
> more prominently and should hide the "how to become a DD" in
> comparison.

        What on earth for?

> we should leave that option for the ones that want to contribute
> above average.

        We are trying to build the best distribution of linux on the
 planet, not the so-so ditribution created by the most number of
 people.  Why do you think that an excellent direbution can come by
 with contribution of people who are, in your own words, below
 average?

        manoj
--
A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons.