Re: buildd administration

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 10:19:46AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> I'm not saying that this all needs to be publicly logged.  I don't give
> a rat's ass whether it is or not.  But please don't stand there saying
> that the process is completely transparent.

I don't believe I said that. I don't believe it's remotely fair to set
the standard at the unreachable level of perfection, either.

The major task of buildd maintenance (aiui) is handlings logs though,
and that's certainly what was being complained about earlier. I'd
be interested to see you name an area that's had anything like the
transparency w-p provides the build process though. I guess there's
britney, which gives public logs of what's going on, but also requires
a degree of handholding every now and then that isn't particularly logged.

Cheers,
aj